Recreational Insurance

There are many fun toys out there and Smoller Insurance Agency can help you protect against risk with all of them. From ATV’s & Scooters to Snowmobiles & Jet Skis, we can help you find the coverage that is right for you.

Mobile Living Recreational Vehicles

More Americans than ever are seeking out the freedom that comes with RV travel. But whether you call it an RV, a motor home, camper, or trailer, you need to make sure it has the right insurance coverage before you embark on your next journey. All RVs driving on public roads must carry at least the minimum liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Just as with cars and trucks, proof of insurance coverage must be presented in order to register your RV with the state and get plates. Without a good RV insurance policy in place, you are putting your motor home investment at great risk. Even if you plan to keep your RV parked on your own property for an extended period of time, you'll probably want to take steps to cover your valuables.

Recreational vehicles used for camping can be broken down into Class A, B, or C, based on size and conditions. Class A, for example, are the large buses, while Class C campers are often converted from truck beds. While state minimums may be universal, should there be a loan on the RV, the lender may require full coverage insurance for the life of the loan.

How RV Insurance is Different from Auto Insurance

Here's where things can get a bit confusing – you cannot use basic auto insurance to cover an RV. Even though RVs are vehicles, it goes without saying that they generally have much greater value (especially when it comes to your valuables inside). An RV-specific policy reflects this and can also be used to act as a form of home insurance in conjunction with auto coverage.

It's also worth pointing out that RVs can inflict considerably more damage on other vehicles than most cars, and so the minimum liability coverage amounts are higher. Nevertheless, our team at Smoller Insurance Agency understands that the coverage needs of RV owners are unique, and we encourage you to reach out to us with all questions and details about your RV lifestyle.

Alternative Toys & Recreational Vehicles

As stated before, recreation comes in more than just campers. Water toys are a popular way for people to spend a warm extended weekend outdoors. Anything from an unseen shallow spot to a malfunction can leave jet skis stranded and down tens of thousands of dollars. Paddle boards, sail boards, and kayaks can be damaged during transport or by unseen objects in the water. Proper coverage can replace your toy, belongings of others, or cover damage done the toy. Prefer colder weather? We cover snowmobiles and ice boats too.

Don’t gamble on your toys & recreation vehicles. Reach out to the agents of the Smoller Insurance Agency, today, to learn how to best protect you and your family.