Accidents happen every day, and when you are behind the wheel, you are at risk. You may attempt to be the best and the most careful driver, but you can't dictate other drivers' road behavior. That's where auto insurance comes in. When you buy auto insurance from Smoller Insurance Agency located in Newton, MA, it gives you a safety net to cover your mistakes and those of other drivers.
So, how does auto insurance work? Well, it protects you from injuries, damage, and all other expenses related to a collision or any other form of accident. The insurance is not meant to enrich you but covers you from financial hardships you would incur in the event of an accident, whether you are at fault or not.
Is auto insurance a requirement?
The law states that all drivers must have auto insurance. You must carry auto insurance every time you are behind the wheel. Otherwise, failure to show proof of auto insurance ownership may result in fines and penalties.
What are the auto insurance coverage options?
There are different auto insurance categories and to note is that each covers you differently. Here are a few of the coverages:
- Liability coverage: If you are at fault in an accident, liability coverage will pay for medical costs, repairs, and other related expenses like legal fees. The policy covers bodily injuries and property damage.
- Collision: Collision coverage covers you when you hit an object or another vehicle.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive coverage is commonly referred to as other than collision coverage. It covers you if your vehicle suffers damage from non-collision perils like theft, fire, vandalism, and other natural calamities.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: This coverage pays for property damages or injuries when the driver at fault is not insured or underinsured.
- Medical payments coverage: It covers accident-related injuries suffered by anyone riding in your vehicle regardless of who is at fault.
How do I get auto insurance?
If this is a question lingering in your mind, worry not. Contact Smoller Insurance Agency for a personalized auto insurance quote.